Articles Categorized as
The Town of Lyndon was set off from Franklinville in 1829. In 1857, the name of
the Town was changed to Elgin, but was restored the following year.
The first contract to purchase land from the Holland Land Company occured in
1808. Settlers began clearing the hills and valleys, preparing the way for
farming and dairying.
Settlements began in the Town of Lyndon by sections: the east - 1808, the west
- 1820, the south - 1824, the north - 1826.