Historians & Contributors to Gathering History in Cattaraugus County
Many historians and other contributors have made this history site great.
The Cattaraugus County Historical Advisory Committee & contributors to this history website:
- Pat Bromley, Town of Leon Historian.
- Sue Cross, Town of Mansfield Historian. Mansfield Area Historical Society and Member of the Cattaraugus Historical Society
- Mary Elizabeth Dunbar, Town of Ellicottville Historian.
- Dawn Westfall, Member of Ellicottville Historical Society and helper to the Museum.
- Bruce Fredrickson, Town of Franklinville Historian.
- Maggie Fredrickson, Village of Franklinville Historian.
- Della Moore, African American Center for Cultural Diversity of Olean.
- Marilyn Siperek, Town of Great Valley Historian and Member of the Mansfield Area Historical Society.
- Jody Shaw, Town of Perrysburg Historian.
- Ruth Bennett, Town of Dayton Past Historian.
- Angie Mardino-Miller, Town of Dayton Historian
- Stephen Clute, Town of Hinsdale Historian and Hinsdale Historical Society President.
- Char Sendlakowski, President of the Allegany Area Historical Association.
- Sharon Fellows, Historian for the Cattaraugus County Museum & Research Center
- Patrick Cullen, American Museum of Cutlery.
- Cattaraugus County Department of Economic Development, Planning & Tourism.
- Cattaraugus County Department of Real Property.
- Past contributions were provided by Sid Emmons former historian for the Town of Lyndon.
- May Bill Watkins volunteer with the Cattaraugus County Historical Museum rest in peace knowing his contributions remain on this site. We appreciate his historical knowledge of Cattaraugus County and his willingness to share with all.
Contributions from the listed Historians can be found under their Township listings.
HAC members also consult with other government appointed historians in Cattaraugus County. This committee is open to any government appointed historian within the county. Inclusion of other interested history minded individuals is encouraged.
Group Function: This committee, comprised of volunteer Historians, exists to provide specific and accurate historical data to the County to aid in it's development of tourism.