Farmersville was formed from Ischua in 1821 and has an area of 30,906
acres. With little land too steep for cultivation, there is no town in the
County with less waste of tillable land than Farmersville. The main occupation
was agricultural - grazing cattle and production of cheese, hay, grains and
potatoes. The main waterway is Ischua Creek. The first highway was a State road
(appears to be the current Route 98) which was laid in 1816 and ran from
Franklinville to Fairview.