On what is Route 62 and north of the Hollow, Capt. William Fenton had a public house about 1844. It was a stopping place of stagecoaches where horses were changed on trips between Buffalo and Jamestown. This house is still standing on a farm which belonged to John J. Greeley and is now owned by the General Ice Cream Corporation.
Source: The History of the Town of Leon