The Holy Name of mary Church is one of the oldest parishes in the Roman Catholic Diocese of Buffalo, dating back to 1847. The current church was constructed in 1909, after two former Catholic Churches in Ellicottville burned. It is an excellent example of early 20th centure Gothic Revival Style Church Architecture. Designed to reflect a romantic vision of Medieval European architecture, notable features include its rusticated stone construction, the projecting castellated tower, stone buttresses, and pointed glass windows. This church gives a much different impression than St. John's Episcopal Church which is an example of early Gothic Revival style architecture, built over 175 years earlier). Also notable is the Tudor Revival style parish house located just to the South of the church.
Source: Taken from the leaflet "Historic Ellicottville- a self-guided walking tour through the Historic village of Ellicottville, NY".