The Great Valley Hotel, built about 1838, was also known through the years as the Plank Road House by Able Hicks, the Halfway House on the northern stagecoach route, The Fenton Hotel, and The Harrison House. A fire in the late 1800's caused the removal of the back wing.
In 1926, Minnie L Taylor bought and remodeled the house and it became know as The Evergreen Tea Room. The restaurant was a popular spot for bridge clubs, school reunions, bridal showers and wedding parties.
Source: Evergreen Tea Room at www.evergreentearoom.com.
Additional information is located there as well.