Mount Prospect Cemetery in Franklinville is located on Chestnut St., which turns into Cemetery Hill Rd. In 1877 the Franklinville Cemetery Association was formed and 13 acres were purchased from the Benjamin Howard farm. The name Mount Prospect was chosen. The first cemetery in the Village of Franklinville was located on South Main St. In the 1940's the bodies and stones from that cemetery were removed and relocated to Mount Prospect Cemetery.