Articles Categorized as
The Town of Hinsdale was formed from Olean in 1820. The present Town of Ischua,
as Rice, was removed from Hindsale territory in 1846. Hinsdale received its
name from Hinsdale, New Hampshire. Mr . Foote, legislative representative for
this district, was called on to provide a name for the proposed new town. In
honor of the mother's birthplace (Hinsdale , New Hampshire), the name Hinsdale was
inserted for the proposed new town.