Coldspring was formed from Little Valley in 1823. Coldspring renamed Napoli in
1828. Coldspring was formed from Napoli in 1837. In 1847 and again in 1848,
portions of the Town were annexed to South Valley. The Town of EIko, formerly a
part of the Town of South Valley, was annexed to Coldspring and South Valley in
1965, leaving Coldspring with an area of 40,819 acres.