Articles Categorized as
Carrollton, named in honor of Guy Carrolton Irvine one of the original proprietors
of that part of the County, was created from Great Valley in 1842. A
portion of the Seneca Nation of Indian Reservation (Allegany) extends through
portions of the Town. The Allegany River, its principal stream, crosses in the
northern portion of the Town, with tributaries known as Chipmunk (Trout) and
Tunegawant (Tuna) Creek.