The Town of Ashford, as we know it today, was once part of the territory known as
Ellicottville. In 1824, Ashford was created from a portion of Ellicottville. In
1835, a portion of the Town of Otto, lying north and east of Connoisarauley Creek
was annexed to and formed a part of the Town of Ashford. Ashford has four main
settlement areas - Ashford, Ashford Hollow, Riceville and West Valley.