The Town of Red House in New York State.
The Town of Red House was formed from the Town of Salamanca in 1869. The name
Red House originally applied to the Creek because at its mouth existed a red
house which was built to accommodate raftsmen on the Allegany River.
The first permament white settler (Darius Frink) arrived in 1827. The first
bridge spaning 500 feet across the Allegany River, located near Red House station
was constructed in 1871.