Holy Cross Cemetery is located in the Town of Ellicottville, at the intersection of Rt. 219 and 242 east fo the village. It is visible from the road. The church of St. Philip Neri was build in 1850-51 and burned to the ground on February 27, 1881. Still in existence in 1889 after the fire, it was then incorporated under the title of the Holy Name of Mary Roman Catholic Church on January 29th, 1892. After many contacts and searching it is believed that Holy Cross Cemetery is on the same site as the St. Philip Neri Cemetery.
Source- "Echoing the Gospel", 1850-1941.
Edited by Rev. Ronald B. Micrzua in 2003.