Allegany, New York
This building started in 1886 as Frederick Smith, Dry Goods. It later became Edward Smith General Merchandise where a delivery of groceries to Vandalia in Ed Smith's time involved an overnight stay before the return trip to Allegany.
Next cam Smith & Scultz General Merchandise, owned by two employees of Ed Smith, Clarence Smith and Howard Schultz. Smith's Department Store, owned by Clarence Smith followed then it was sold to Tom Geary, who ran Geary's Early American Shop, where he sold furniture.
The Fabulous Shirtheads Company Store, owned by the Wintermantle brothers was next then followed by Nature's Remedy, owned by Linda Kruppner and still open today.
The interior still has the original tin ceiling.