This information is from: http://orbitist.com/2014/07/07/anti-slavery-activists-in-the-1800s/
By Douglas H. Shepard
This location is Private property.
George Clinton Delameter (Delamatter or DeLaMetier) (born about 1811) was named to the “committee of arrangements” of the Chautauqua County Anti-Slavery Society at its meeting in Fredonia of 29 August 1839, according to the minutes which appeared in the Jamestown Weekly Journal of 25 September 1839. That committee was charged with preparing for the next annual meeting of the society, which was to be held in Jamestown NY in August 1840.
Delameter was born in Vermont. He became a physician, and in 1837, he married Clarissa Bliss (1809 – 1839). She died in Jamestown. In 1843, he married Jane Tisdale in Jamestown. On 13 March 1841, Delameter had purchased a parcel of land from Abram Jones for $100. The parcel was located in Dexterville near Jamestown, and was described as Lots 1 and 12 in Block 22 on a map of Dexterville made by P.Falconer. It was bounded southeasterly by Falconer Street 50 feet and southwesterly by Kippe Street 250 feet. However, only two months later, Delameter sold the same parcel to Patrick Falconer for $100.
Delameter and Jane are found living in Persia, Cattaraugus County, NY in the 1850 census, with Clarissa’s 13-year-old daughter Clarissa (Clara). The Historical Sketch of the Village of Gowanda (1898) lists Delameter as one of the village’s physicians, although without assigning dates. According to neighbors listed in the 1850 census, family seems to have lived near a Gowanda school house, which was located on Main Street near today’s Johnson Street.
In1863, Clara married Emmet C. Hill of DeWitt IL, who was then a Hospital Steward with the 117th Rgt.. Illinois Volunteers. Clara and Emmet became pioneers in Spokane WA and were buried there. The 1870 census showed Delameter and Jane still living in the Gowanda area in approximately the same neighborhood as in 1850, but the couple is not readily apparent in census data after that time.
Source: Jamestown Weekly Journal of 25 September 1839.