Leon Center

The Town of Leon was erected from Conewango in 1832, and derived its name, following the suggestion of an early settler, from an ancient kingdom of Leon, Spain.

Many parts of the Town exhibit moderate hills, with portions of the Town level
and marshy.  The main waterways of the Town are Conewango Creek and Mud Creek.
Mud Creek, formerly Butternut Creek because of the large number of buttermilk
trees that lined this waterway, was once the site of several saw mills, the 1st
in 1826.

Syndicate

Subscribe to Syndicate