Founded by Wallace Brown
Olean, New York
For the early history of KA-BAR, see Brown Bros. Razor Company above. Union Cutlery Company was renamed KA-BAR Cutlery, Inc. in 1952, acknowledging the popularity of its USMC fighting knife during World War II. In 1962 the Brown family sold the company and several owners followed, with the KA-BAR brand finally bought by Alcas Corporation in 1996 and moved to its current location, 200 Homer Street, Olean, New York in 2003, where the company continues to be a leader in military and tactical knives.
Information provided by Brad Lockwood and Dean E. Case.