Articles Categorized as
The Town of South Valley was formed from Randolph and Coldspring in 1847, with an
additional portion annexed from Coldspring in 1848. In 1890, South Valley was
divided resulting in the formation of the existing Town of South Valley and the
Town of Elko, which no longer exists. The Town is comprised of a portion of
Allegany Indian Reservation and Allegany State Park lands.