Salamanca

The site of today's Salamanca, was originally known by the whimsical name of
"Hemlock".  Including the present town of Red House, Salamanca was formed from
Little Valley in 1854 and was known as "Bucktooth".  In 1862, the name was changed
to Salamanca in honor of a Spanish banker and railroad stockholder Marquis Jose
De Salamanca.  The area of Salamanca was reduced, in 1868, with the removal of
the Town of Red House.  As situated today, the Town of Salamanca encompasses
14,223 acres, while the City of Salamanca (96% Reservation Land) consists of

Syndicate

Subscribe to Syndicate