Articles Categorized as
The Town of Otto, named in honor of Jacob S . Otto (an agent of the Holland
Land Company), was formed from Perrysburg in 1823 at which time it included the
present Town of Persia. Later that same year, all that land, (Persia) west of
the South Branch of Cattaraugus Creek was annexed back to the Town of Perrysburg.
Cattaraugus Creek defines the Town's northern boundary while the South
Branch of the same Creek forms a portion of its western boundary.