Founded by George Robinson and W.R. Case & Sons Cutlery
Springville, New York
Robinson was an English cutler who teamed-up with W.R. Case & Sons of Bradford, Pennsylvania, consolidating three factories into one, which was the former Case Brothers factory, in Springville, New York, in 1927. During the early 1930s, Robinson and David Skerker bought-out W.R. Case & Sons’ shares, soon launching a wide range of kitchen wares and tools. Robinson would supply most of the blades for electric knives, blenders, and other kitchen appliances in America, with the company’s operations moving to Buffalo in 1993. Refocused on licensing and distribution instead of manufacturing, Robinson Home Products Inc. would become the conglomerate’s new name in 2005, now an employee-owned company, licensing Oneida’s tabletop business, with offices and showroom space in New York City.
Information provided by Brad Lockwood and Dean E. Case.